HERE ARE JUST SOME OF THE WAYS YOU CAN HELP THIS MONTH!
- Petition to Obama and EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy to reopen EPA investigations in Dimock, PA, Pavillion, WY, and Parker County, TX.
- Petition to Interior Secretary Sally Jewell to ban fracking on our public lands. Here’s a recent quote from her that we’ll be responding to separately, but it shows that she’s not inclined to oppose fracking. “Interior Secretary Sally Jewell said yesterday that the debate around hydraulic fracturing is “confused” and ill-informed and called on industry to educate the public on the extraction technique’s safety.”
- And this related letter submission form from Food & Water Watch opposed the HR 2728 that would give control over oil and gas drilling on federal lands to the states.
- Petition from the Delaware Riverkeeper Network to the Coast Guard telling them not to allow fracking waste to be moved down our rivers on barges. Deadline is 11/29.
- Petition to NPR telling them to stop airing natural gas industry ads.
- Petition opposing bills in the PA legislature that would endanger the endangered species list to the benefit of the coal and natural gas industries. The bills may come to a vote any time now, so please sign asap!
- Photos for the scrapbook we’re presenting to the DRBC on 12/3 can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11/22. (Plus, we’re doing a photo shoot at the Penn Street bridge in Reading on 11/21 at noon. We’ll be holding a banner over the river. You’re all welcome to join us for that! And we’ll be at the 12/3 DRBC meeting, if you’d like to join us for that too!)